Yes, version 5.4.4 is just published at the usual place, including the following improvements:
- New Japanese translation.
- Nikola check exists with 1 if there is an error
- New HIDE_UNTRANSLATED_POSTS option that ensures you don't have mixed-language pages (Issue #373)
- New theme "site-planetoid" for use with the planetoid plugin.
- New 'retired' tag for posts that should no longer be in feeds.
- Added post data as a uptodate check for mustache (Issue #456)
- Rebuild post pages when the post's translation list changes (Issue #458)
- Handle "-h" (Issue #460)
- Added correct help for console command (Issue #460)
- Escape twittercard data (Issue #452)
- Added missing "twittercard" in story template
- Added support for per-language tags (Issue #450)
- Fix wrong path splitting (Issue #434)
- Remember locale even when set_locale failes (Issue #446)
- Decode path argument in new_post (Issue #442)
- task_indexes had missing config dependencies (Issue #441)
- Removed bogus links to slides assets that were removed
- Compressed files were seen as unknown by "nikola check"
- local search and mustache plugins must be disabled by default (Issue #437)
- Avoid failure if there are no tags and USE_GZIP is enabled (Issue #439)
- Fix aspect ratio detection in Vimeo videos (Issue #440)
- Blogger importer was passing wrong options to "nikola init" (Issue #408)
I am happy to announce the availability of version 5.4.3 of Nikola!
This is this version's changelog:
- Simpler slideshows based on Bootstrap's Carousel
- New CREATE_MONTHLY_ARCHIVE option, defaults to False (Issue #433)
- Added gist support for Markdown.
- New "nocomments" metadata that disables comments for a page/post (Issue #278)
- New HIDE_UNTRANSLATED_POSTS option (does nothing yet)
- New EXTRA_HEAD_DATA option, which adds extra things in <HEAD> (Issue #385)
- Moved translations to transifex.com
- New custom sitemap generator (Issue #395)
- New STRIP_INDEX_HTML option for cleaner URLs
- New alternative markdown compiler based on misaka
- New "internals" doc
- Place links to RSS feeds more visible to the visitor
- New CODE_COLOR_SCHEME option
- New "template" metadata that changes the template for a page/post (Issue #199)
- Added workaround for when Disqus doesn't support your exact locale
(spanish only at the moment) Issue #389
- Extra plugins can be enabled via conf.py.
- Password-protected pages.
- Listings CSS fixes (Issue #416)
- If dateutil is installed, try to use it to parse dates (Issue #419)
- Fixed posterous import via import_wordpress (Issue #419)
- Set locale to the value of "lang" in templates, so things like strftime
use localized values. (Issue #368)
- Fixed console command.
- Cleaned up arbitrary metadata.
- Don't crash in posts without actual post text.
- Nicer tag listing.
- Fixed unicode bug in markdown compiler.
- Fixed unicode crash with polish dates and %B (Issue #383)
- Fixed localsearch plugin
- Warn if combining USE_CDN with a theme providing a copy of bootstrap (Issue #386)
- Improved localsearch README
- Updated to Tipue 2.1
- Don't index draft posts for Tipue (Issue #387)
- Modernized all rst extensions, added tests (rbistolfi)
- Removed obsolete custom code-block directive
- New function messages(msgid, lang=current_lang) available for templates
- Fixed teasers (Issue #398)
- Smarter guessing of the default post format (Issue #400)
- Make headings not overlap navbar in site theme.
- Added dummy codeblock fallback for docutils < 0.9
- Detect dependency on included files in rest compiler
- Use gallery path from config
- Don't fail in corrupted images
- Don't assume filenames are ASCII
- Don't crash if sidebar_links is not set for a language.
- All RSS feed links for tags pointed to the DEFAULT_LANG one in some themes.
- Nikola.link and Nikola.path are now locale aware and lang is optional.
- Make docutils a soft requirement
- Normalize paths on task names (Issue #406)
- Planetoid requires only 3 runs now ;-)
- Blogger import: imports will not result in an TypeError because str.join expects all it's arguments to be of type str
I am thrilled to announce the release of version 5.4 of Nikola, a static site/blog generator
Here's the (incomplete!) changelog for this release :
- Twitter Card / Open Graph support.
- Smart math support
- New soundcould directive
- Custom "read more" links
- Better time display, timezone support
- Better doit integration (Issue #151)
- Make the whole listings folder browsable (Issue #128)
- New GZIP_FILES/GZIP_EXTENSIONS options to create gzipped copies of some files (Issue #348)
- New optional path parameter to new_post command.
- Wordpress importer: option to not download files
- Wordpress importer: option to squash newlines
- Separated BLOG_URL into SITE_URL and BASE_URL
- Added DISABLED_PLUGINS option (Issue #354)
- Added missing </div> in default theme templates.
- Wordpress import: Description is left empty if no description is found.
- When running the build command it is now possible to get help.
- Load jQuery before bootstrap in JS bundle (Issue #327)
- Generate valid HTML5 for redirects (Issue #276)
- Fixed "nikola check"
- Fixed internationalized RSS links
- Make commands that need to be run in a site fail gracefully (Issue #342)
- Use localized links on lxml fixer
- Redirections created during the import from wordpress are now written to conf.py
- Stop parsing metadata in post file on first blank line
- Metadata handling cleanups by Tordek
- Fixed blockquote font size inconsistency
- Wordpress Import: Do not break indentation (issue #189)
- Make things work even if SITE_URL has a path (Fix #307)
Tim van der Linden has written a impressive tutorial about how he used Nikola to
create his new site shisaa.jp
It documents the whole process from scratch, starting by downloading Nikola up to
building your own theme.
Even if you are already using Nikola you may find some
new stuff there, so take a read (also, his theme is so pretty :-)
I am happy to announce the release of Nikola version 5.3. It includes some minor features
and a good amount of bugfixing. Upgrading to it should not cause you any trouble, as far
as I know.
Here's the changelog:
- Bootstrap 2.3.0
- Optionally use content distribution networks for jquery and twitter-bootstrap (USE_CDN option)
- New Brazilian portuguese translation.
- New planetoid experimental extra_plugin
- Make really sure we import the right conf.py
- Make SLUG_TAG_PATH a config dep for most pages
- Removed meta title tag for better HTML validation
- Removed #999 background from footnote backlink.
- Made footnote references be superscripted.
- Centered figure's image and caption.
- Removed outset border from admonitions.
- Use default theme as last resource for messages/translations
- DATE_FORMAT option was being ignored
- Remove trailing "" on windows gallery links (Issue #298)
- Inconsistent breadcrumbs in gallery pages (Issue #303)
- Use source files as bundle dependencies instead of outputs (Issue #294)
I am thrilled to announce that you can now download Nikola 5.2.
What's new in this version? A LOT. Don't let the minor version tick fool you, this version
is packed with goodness. Let's start with features:
You can easily embed more content:
- New vimeo directive for restructured text.
- Custom "gist" directive providing reStructured text support for GitHub gists.
You can write your content in almost any markup:
- Textile markup support.
- Creole Wiki markup support.
- txt2tags markup support.
- bbcode markup support.
- And of course, it still supports reStructured text, Markdown and HTML.
- New Catalá translation
- New polish translation.
- New Simplified Chinese translation.
- Use multilingual Disqus (although it doesn't seem to work)
You can import your data:
- New Blogger/Blogspot importer
- Much improved Wordpress importer
- Extract metadata from filename by using regexp (helpful for importing from octopress or other systems).
You can do fancier and more configurable sites:
- One-page, dynamic-loading, client-rendered site plugin (task_mustache)
- Recursive post/story folders
- New COMMENTS_IN_GALLERIES and COMMENTS_IN_STORIES options.
- Local search based on Tipue (extra_plugins/task_localsearch)
- Added comments to image galleries
- New option RSS_TEASERS
- New STORY_INDEX option to generate index.html in story folders.
- Add multi size favicon support.
You can use Python 2.6 or higher ... including Python 3.
The only missing bit for full Python 3 support is Google sitemap generation.
And of course, a lot of bugs got smashed:
- Added sane defaults for most options, so you can have a lean config file.
- Made layout of the site theme responsive, with collapsing navbar.
- Use timeline instead of parsing post_pages in generic_page_renderer and task_render_pages.
- Updated disqus integration code, added identifiers so it works on any URL.
- Make sure folder links end in "/" in the gallery code.
- Removed copy of PyRSS2Gen, made it a dependency.
- Detect "namespace" dependencies for Mako templates.
- Use consistent encodings in RSS feeds.
- Refactored disqus code into separate helpers
- Use the correct extension (or raise an error) on new_post
- Fix titles that include quotes
- Updated to current CSS from docutils (was using version from 2005)
- Avoid needless regeneration of gallery indexes.
- Always ensure the folder for the new post exists.
- Get title from filename if not available in metadata.
- Don't copy sources if they end in ".html"
- Don't link to unexisting translations.
- Sort tags case insensitive.
I am happy to announe release 5.1 of Nikola a static site/blog generator.
- Support for client-side cloud tags
- New slides directive, for image slideshows.
- New option DATE_FORMAT
- New "nikola console" command
- New option CACHE_FOLDER
- Updated bootstrap to 2.2.2
- Wordpress importer supports redirects
- Wordpress importer creates a url_map for Disqus thread migration
- Wordpress importer: support for [sourcecode]
- Added unstyled theme "orphan", useful as a base for independent themes.
- New "monospace" theme.
- New "Create a Theme From Scratch" tutorial.
- Added ID attribute to gallery images for backlinking.
- Added ALT attribute to gallery images.
- Issue 113: refactored code in Mako templates
- Added newline after metadata in new_post template.
- Issue 112: RSS feeds contained invalid links
- Issue 88: RSS feed validation via lxml
- Isuue 169: build subcommands were broken
- Switched addThis to Peekaboo style, as seen on flexion.org (seems less broken)
- Remove duplicated sample config file. always build it from template (schettino72)
- Don't use hardcoded path for custom.css (schettino72)
- Wordpress importer: fixed issue 190, convert embedded H1 tags into H2
- Fixed bad interaction with Yapsy 1.10
- More elegant handling of "nikola init"
- Don't crash if there's no assets to copy
A new version of Nikola is out! You can get it at the usual place.
This version is not completely backwards compatible, thus the new major version number, but
switching to it should be easy-ish. If you are using version 4.0.3:
- Remove your dodo.py
- Use nikola build instead of doit from now on
- use nikola serve instead of doit serve, nikola new_post instead of doit new_post, and so on.
Some other doit task are also converted into nikola command you can get
the list using nikola help
The integration of doit into Nikola is not done in a very nice way, that's still
ongoing work, but it should be Good Enough To Work (TM).
Hope you enjoy this release!
- Templates now know their name from template_name in their context.
- Made most of Nikola into Yapsy plugins.
- Recurse galleries/ and render each folder as a gallery.
- Breadcrumbs and folder links in image galleries.
- Fixed doc installation
- Put webassets cache in cache/webassets
- Update to doit 0.17
- Don't crash on incomplete translations
- Fixed Issue 160: render_tags didn't call scan_posts()
- Fixed Issue 161: webassets setting USE_BUNDLES was ignored (fix by schettino72)
- Fixed Issue 153: index.txt was being ignored in galleries.
Version 4.0.3 is released
This is strictly a bugfix release, which fixes the following issues:
- Handle empty posts without crashing.
- Treat wordpress imported posts as Markdown.
- Download attachments from wordpress
- Fix links to attachments so they work
- Change the global/local order of contexts on templates.
- Link tag's feed in tag's pages.
- Fix empty tag feeds.
- Refactored Post out of nikola.py
New bugfix release available for download. Here are the changes in this version:
- Updated to bootstrap 2.1.0
- Italian translation by Pierpaolo Da Fieno
- Index-like tag pages with the TAG_PAGES_ARE_INDEXES option
- Handle broken EXIF dates
- Ignore .pyc files in the listings folder
- Don't fail on render_pages when there is no content at all
- Don't fail on render_posts when there is no content at all
- Don't fail on render_sources when there is no content at all
- Don't fail on build_bundles when there are no bundles
- Added missing listing.tmpl to jinja-default theme
- Added default for DEFAULT_LANG
- Added default for TRANSLATIONS
- Fixed getting metadata from post file.
- More resistence to broken EXIF data.
- Made jinja-default follow default more closely.
- Don't say "reSt", say "Source" since it can be markdown or other stuff.