Nikola 1.2 is out!
| More posts about
Version 1.2 of Nikola, my static site generator and the software behind
this very site, is out!
Why build static sites? Because they are light in resources, they are
future-proof, because it's easy, because they are safe, and because you
- Image gallery (just drop pics on a folder)
- Built-in webserver for previews (doit -a serve)
- Helper commands to create new posts (doit -a new_post)
- Google Sitemap support
- A Handbook!
- Full demo site included
- Support for automatic deployment (doit -a deploy)
- Client-side redirections
And of course the old features:
- Write your posts in reStructured text
- Clean, customizable page design (via bootstrap)
- Comments via Disqus
- Support any analytics you want
- Build blogs with tags, feeds, feeds for your tags, indexes, and more
- Works like a simple CMS for things outside your blog
- Clean customizable templates using Mako
- Pure python, and not a lot of it (about 600 lines)
- Smart builds (doit only rebuilds changed pages)
- Easy to extend and improve
- Code displayed with syntax highlighting
Right now Nikola does literally everything I need, so if you try it and need
something else... it's a good time to ask!
More info at http://nikola-generator.googlecode.com